The Italian national football team, which is overseen by the Italian Football Federation (FIGC), represents Italy in association football and plays internationally. The team has won four World Cup championships (1934, 1938, 1982, 2006), two Euro Cup championships (1968, 2020), as well as silver twice (1970, 1994) and bronze once (1990).
Italy’s record in the Confederations Cup is three bronze medals (2000, 2012, 2013). They have one gold medal in the Olympics (1936) and one bronze in the Central European International Cup championships (1930, 1935).
They’ve won two Central European International Cup championships (1930, 1935). The team’s unbeaten run of 37 games ended in September 2021.
Italy have been ranked first on the FIFA rankings six times (November 1993, February 2007, April 2007, May 2007, June 2007, September 2007) as well as receiving the Laureus World Sports Award for Team of the Year back in 2007.
The Italian national team’s traditional colour is azure (sky blue), which is also the colour of the Italian national teams and athletes. It is mentioned that the historic “Azzurro Savoia” (Savoy Blue) is the reason for this colour being used for the national team.
“The Blues” are nicknamed for their azure colours. In their initial two fixtures, the Italian national team wore white shirts with black shorts from the club of each player at FIGC headquarters in Coverciano, Florence.
The azure shirts were introduced in the third fixture. The Italian team’s “home stadium” is not designated like some other national teams’. FIGC Coverciano headquarters in Florence is the team’s primary training ground and they play their home matches at various stadiums throughout Italy.
- 1 Italian National Team’s News
- 1.1 Moriero: “The goal is to give continuity to Dybala, if Lukaku comes back, Italian football will also gain, that’s a lot of stuff. On the national team … “
- 1.2 Osimhen, Obodo: “Naples is the ideal place for him. On the national team … “
- 1.3 Empoli, Pinamonti: “Inter? Strong emotion to return to San Siro but we all want to give our best. On the national team … “
- 1.4 Parisi: “Future? We will see. Sanchez was impressive, on Dumfries … “
- 1.5 Under 21, Zanoli: “Being here was one of my goals. Spalletti? He strongly believes in young people. About the future … “
- 1.6 SPRING – Inter beat Roma in extra time and win the championship
- 1.7 Nazionale, Bezzi: “It is no coincidence that Italy has not gone to the world championship for 8 years. Changes are needed, starting with the youth sectors and the nursery “
- 1.8 Italy, Perillo: “Mancini has sinned with excessive gratitude towards some players who have not repaid him. However, I welcomed his reconfirmation “
- 1.9 Nazionale, Galli: “Very wrong mentality: why not launch our youngsters? We haven’t seen a champion here in Italy for years “
- 1.10 Miretti: “I’ll tell you what my role is. Allegri gave me a lot, the Coverciano internship was a great experience “
- 1.11 Milik, Cauet: “He found himself in Marseille, he is appreciated by the fans. On Mancini’s national team … “
- 1.12 Monza, Brianza like a young man from Bologna’s perspective: the details
- 1.13 Scamacca: “I’m living a dream. Market? I answer like this! About young people in Italy … “
- 1.14 Pellegrini: “It went well, we knew it would be difficult. It wasn’t easy after all that is being said these days “
- 1.15 Gravina: “Talking about repechage for the World Cup makes us not very credible! Do you really think that … “
- 1.16 Corriere Dello Sport on Carnesecchi: “The details of the injury, there is a risk that could even lead to the operation”
- 1.17 England, Southgate: “our second half, but equal right”
- 1.18 Tonali and Milan promise each other love: there is a yes until 2026
- 1.19 Italy, Mangia: “A great disappointment as a sportsman and as an Italian”
- 1.20 Serie A, Ventura: “Championship without certainties, Napoli have a great chance. About Italy … “
- 1.21 Zanoli, Pavarese: “He needed to gain experience in Lega Pro. On Gaetano …”
- 1.22 Scudetto, Cannavaro: “It seems nobody wants to win it, watch out for Juventus …”