Always one of the fundamental tools to excel in the Fantasy Football, the goalkeeper grid of the Serie A championship can not be overlooked at the time of the auction. Finding the best alternations of the season for the extreme defenders, in fact, can be as crucial as being able to buy one of the best strikers around. But let’s get right down to detail and go analyze our grid.
Series A 2021/2022: Goalkeeper grid
First of all, it is necessary to explain what the following grid means: it shows us the number of games played alternating matches at home and away among the various goalkeepers. Thirty-eight is obviously the maximum number you can meet, and indicates that at least one of the two goalkeepers in question will always play within the “friendly walls” as a host team. The most obvious example is that between Roma and Lazio, who, playing in the stadium, will hardly play a match at the Stadio Olimpico in the same round. Following, then, we present the list of goalkeepers (at least at this beginning of the season) of Serie A, and their various alternations:
- Atalanta (Musso): Venezia (Lezzerini, 32), Empoli (Vicario, 30), Napoli (Meret, 30), Udinese (Silvestri, 27).
- Bologna (Skorupski): Udinese (Silvestri, 29), Spezia (Zoet, 28), Lazio (Reina, 28).
- Cagliari (Cragno): Sassuolo (Consigli 32), Salernitana (Belec 30), Verona (Montipò 28).
- Empoli (Vicario): Fiorentina (Dragowski 38), Salernitana (Belec 32), Atalanta (Musso 30), Bologna (Skorupski 24).
- Fiorentina (Dragowski): Empoli (Vicario 38), Napoli (Meret 32), Cagliari (Cragno 26), Venezia (Lezzerini 24)
- Genoa (Sirigu): Sampdoria (Audero 38), Milan (Maignan 28), Cagliari (Cragno 26).
- Inter (Handanovic): Milan (Maignan 36), Sampdoria (Audero 30), Spezia (Zoet 30), Atalanta (Musso 26).
- Juventus (Szczesny): Torino (Milinkovic 38), Verona (Montipò 28), Atalanta (Musso 24), Genoa (Sirigu 24), Inter (Handanovic 24), Salernitana (Belec 24), Sassuolo (Consigli 24).
- Lazio (Reina): Roma (Rui Patricio 38), Bologna (Skorupski 28), Cagliari (Cragno 26).
- Milan (Maignan): Inter (Handanovic 36), Genoa (Sirigu 28), Sassuolo (Consigli 28), Verona (Montipò 26).
- Napoli (Meret): Salernitana (Belec 38), Fiorentina (Dragowski 32), Atalanta (Musso 30), Sassuolo (Consigli 26).
- Roma (Rui Patricio): Lazio (Reina 38), Spezia (Zoet 28), Genoa (Sirigu 24), Milan (Maignan 24), Salernitana (Belec 24).
- Salernitana (Belec): Napoli (Meret 38), Empoli (Vicario 32), Cagliari (Cragno 30).
Sampdoria (Audero): Genoa (Sirigu 38), Inter (Handanovic 30), Consigli (Sassuolo 30), Verona (Montipò 26).
- Sassuolo (Consigli): Cagliari (Cragno 32), Sampdoria (Audero 30), Milan (Maignan 28), Napoli (Meret 26), Spezia (Zoet 26).
- Spezia (Zoet): Inter (Handanovic 30), Bologna (Skorupski 28), Roma (Rui Patricio 28), Sassuolo (Consigli 26), Verona (Montipò 26).
- Torino (Milinkovic): Juventus (Szczesny 38), Udinese (Silvestri 29), Venezia (Lezzerini 26).
- Udinese (Silvestri): Torino (Milinkovic 29), Bologna (Skorupski 29), Atalanta (Musso 27), Salernitana (Belec 27), Sassuolo (Consigli 27).
- Venezia (Lezzerini): Atalanta (Musso 32), Milan (Maignan 26), Torino (Milinkovic 26), Verona (Montipò 26).
- Verona (Montipò): Cagliari (Cragno 28), Juventus (Szczesny 28), Sampdoria (Audero 26), Spezia (Zoet 26), Venezia (Lezzerini 26).
Who to buy with a goalkeeper of a big?
The method that most of the fantallenatori use is to buy a goalkeeper of one of the teams of the high league table, flanking him with the other two options available in squad, or, limit to buy the second goalkeeper and look for a third alternative of another team to deploy in case who we usually use as a regular goalkeeper in our squad is engaged in a tough match. We, therefore, analyze in detail the situation of the seven teams asked to monopolize the top of the Serie A league table.
NAPOLI: The team coached by Luciano Spalletti has two high-level goalkeepers such as Ospina and Meret, for whom it will be interesting to see if there will continue to be the same alternation that we saw last season. Observing the alternations, the best choice to join the two “extreme defenders” of the Azzurri is Belec of Salernitana (38 out of 38). However, considering the great difficulties that could be encountered by Granata, newly promoted and with a squad not properly of high level, it could be more profitable the choice of Dragowski of Fiorentina, with an alternation of 32 out of 38, but certainly more expensive.
JUVENTUS: Szczesny is the permanent regular, but knowing the type of management that Massimiliano Allegri makes, it will not be a surprise to see him sit on the bench for a few rounds to rest, in order to give room to Mattia Perin, back in the bianconero after the loan to Genoa. In this case, Milinkovic-Savic of Torino is the most potentially convenient choice (38 out of 38), followed by Montipò dell’Hellas Verona (28 out of 38).
ATALANTA: Musso represents the new first choice for Gian Piero Gasperini, following the farewell of Gollini sent to Tottenham. Sportiello will be his reserve, while as for the third slot, the alternations tell us that the ideal purchase would be one between Lezzerini of Venezia (32 out of 38) and Vicario of Empoli (30 out of 38), but as for the Salernitana previously,to bet on a newly promoted is not, in our opinion, the ideal choice. Consequently, although it would cause a higher expense, Silvestri of Udinese (27 out of 38) is the best option.
INTER: As for Handanovic and Radu, the best alternation is represented by Maignan, but it goes without saying that having both goalkeepers of Milan in the squad is not something feasible. For this reason, if you want to be cautious for the direct matches and not opt for Cordaz (third Nerazzurri goalkeeper), the best alternative is Audero of Sampdoria.
LAZIO: The potentially most effective choice to join Reina and Strakosha is represented by Skorupski of Bologna (26 out of 38), or by Cragno of Cagliari, with an alternation of 26 out of 38 matches. Even in this case, although it is the highest alternation, trying to buy the goalkeeper of Roma, Rui Patricio, would involve an excessive expense.
MILAN: With a Maignan on the shields, ready not to make Donnarumma regret, and Tatarusanu as second, the best alternative could be Sirigu, who with Genoa, despite the goals suffered, often manages to have very high scores. The alternation is 28 out of 38, as well as for Consigli of Sassuolo.
ROMA: For the Giallorossi, the new Rui Patricio will be among the posts, strongly supported by José Mourinho. For the third goalkeeper, Reina is too expensive, so, as for Milan, a low-cost and functional goalkeeper is Sirigu (24 out of 38), rather than Zoet (28 out of 38) not too reliable with an unconvincing Spezia on which it is not advisable to bet.
By Giovanni Maggio